Quadruped Rock - Ab Exercise
by Lauren Brooks
My new favorite ab exercise
Here is an exercise that completely fires up your abs and quadriceps. I was crawling around in my backyard one day and paused for a brief moment to begin rocking. I began rocking back and forth. I tucked my pelvis towards my rib cage to see how my abs would feel as I was hovering in the crawl position. Quads were already on fire. Now my pelvic floor muscles along with my Rectus and Transverse abdominus began to shake. As a woman who’s experienced a couple C-sections and helps others with core dysfunction, I’m always looking for great ways to fire up the deep core muscles. I loved it so much I called it the Quad Rock. I now use the Quad Rock with my students as part of a warm up or followed by a few strength exercises within a set. They claim this is one of the exercises they feel their abs and quads the most. It's also been quite cool because no one feels any lower back pain. I made a quick video under 2 minutes that will show you how. Let me know how y'all feel after giving this a whirl.
How To Do The Amazing Quad Rock:
- Get on the ground barefoot in the quadruped position.
- Lift your knees off the ground as if you’re going to crawl. Make sure your toes are tucked under and pushing in to the floor.
- Push the ground away from you and allow your hips and knees to hinge back on to your heels.
- Rock back and forth several times to feel the gentle rocking motion on your body and vestibular system.
- Pause at the top of the quadruped position and tuck your pelvis towards your chest. (For a more intense ab exercise hold this position for 3-5 seconds before rocking back on to your heels.
- Repeat this rocking pattern for a 10-15 reps.
Thank you for your interest in our cutting edge fitness programs and information.
To be apart of Lauren’s unique and motivating online gym experience; sign up here for our virtual gym, Lauren’s Playground, while registration is open!
Lauren’s Playground will be open for registration at the end of January 2020!
If you’re brand new to kettlebell fitness, access our FREE Kettlebell Swing online class here to get your fitness journey started!
** For a limited time only, Lauren’s best and most popular Kettlebell DVD’s will be 60% off! Code: 60off Click the link here to find the videos that are right for you **